Irasshaimase! Welcome!
Irasshaimase! (that means welcome in Nihongo). Thanks for checking out my lil piece of internet- it's about time! it's nothing fancy, but then again i'm not a computer nerd! nerd, most likely. computer nerd, most definitely not. I've created this page for you, my family and friends, to share with you all my adventures and misadventures of living and working overseas. I figure this is a lot easier than writing out 23 million emails saying essentially the same thing. you know how i feel about having to repeat myself :)
Still, personal emails will follow, and I hope you will write to me and keep in touch. Seriously, i mean it! I know half of you are incredibly lazy at emailing but remember, I'm all alone! I'll appreciate even the lil one line emails more than ever. I'm not sure how often I will have internet access but I will try to update this page as much as I can.
Also, I'm not sure how this page will look in Netscape, so if you are having problems with any of the fonts or anything, email me and I will see what I can do (prolly nothing, but won't it feel good to bitch?). For those of you new to blogs, the posts are in chronological order with the newest posts on the top of the page. Have fun reading!! And feel free to use the tag board on the side for any comments!
The next chapter begins when I fly into the Osaka-Kansai airport, on Japan's main island of Honshu, on 23 Aug. From there I travel to Okayama for an intense one week of training. Then it's off to where I'll be living- in Iwaki! (pronounced E-woh-key; think of those cute lil furry things from Star Wars, and add an "E" on the end! :) ) Iwaki is about halfway between Tokyo and Sendai on the east coast, in the Tohoku district of northern Honshu. Check out this map to find it. Osaka and Okayama are both on the western part of the main island.
I'm going to practice my Japanese now- the next time you'll be hearing from me is when I've safely arrived on the other side of the world. Sayonara!
Still, personal emails will follow, and I hope you will write to me and keep in touch. Seriously, i mean it! I know half of you are incredibly lazy at emailing but remember, I'm all alone! I'll appreciate even the lil one line emails more than ever. I'm not sure how often I will have internet access but I will try to update this page as much as I can.
Also, I'm not sure how this page will look in Netscape, so if you are having problems with any of the fonts or anything, email me and I will see what I can do (prolly nothing, but won't it feel good to bitch?). For those of you new to blogs, the posts are in chronological order with the newest posts on the top of the page. Have fun reading!! And feel free to use the tag board on the side for any comments!
The next chapter begins when I fly into the Osaka-Kansai airport, on Japan's main island of Honshu, on 23 Aug. From there I travel to Okayama for an intense one week of training. Then it's off to where I'll be living- in Iwaki! (pronounced E-woh-key; think of those cute lil furry things from Star Wars, and add an "E" on the end! :) ) Iwaki is about halfway between Tokyo and Sendai on the east coast, in the Tohoku district of northern Honshu. Check out this map to find it. Osaka and Okayama are both on the western part of the main island.
I'm going to practice my Japanese now- the next time you'll be hearing from me is when I've safely arrived on the other side of the world. Sayonara!
































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home