AVENTURES AU JAPON

Surrealism Abroad and the Art of Wormhole Maintenance

Monday, August 01, 2005


This photie is just to start you off, keep you on the edge of your plush leather rotating chair for what's in store when I blog the rest of my pictures from the weekend. Get ready, cuz it's a spinout consisting of izakaya, festivals, karaoke, pair look, and Harajuku in the summer! This photo was taken in Omiya on Sunday night. who doesn't randomly walk around in a jockstrap and order food at McDonalds at 8pm during a festival?
Ahhh, this wraps up another weekend of full-on rediculous fun with Alex. I think Alex is the first person who I can be with non-stop the entire weekend and not once get annoyed or bored or grumpy that I don't have me time when I'm with him. I mean, not many people can do that with me. I think it's because we have such a good energy balance. It's all about finding people who give/take equal energy as you do. that's why some ppl seem so draining, like literally you feel like you need to recharge or you feel exhausted, after kickin' it with them. We all have those kinda people in our lives, the psychic vampires that suck energy out of you and never give any back. my goal is to steer clear of those people, and try to fill my life with people who get me hyped up to be around.
But I must admit I was a brat on Saturday after work. after a quick week of completely not at all catching up on my sleep from, oh, two months ago, I wasn't in the mood to really go out. Horizontal living was looking mighty fun to me. But then, i kicked my butt out the door and was extremely glad i did for the fun that ensued was infinitely better than had I just lay on my couch watching Harry Potter for the tenth time.
I'll write more about the weekend tomorrow night. It's 2.22am and I should really hit the hay. I have to get up early and do laundry-- what kinda stupid sentence is that?!-- because on wednesday I have to go to travel to Okayama for a meeting on Thursday. Halfway across the country for a 3 hour meeting with a publishing rep, and then doubling back to Tokey Dokes (Tokyo) for I leave for Borns (Borneo, stay with me here..) on Friday. PLUS I still want to get in some last minute shopping in Tokyo before I leave. I have been dropping so much on fashion lately, but honestly I mean, I LIVE here, so I shouldn't be too worried that I'm not saving every single cent... anywho, i don't really know what i'm on about right now, it's time for bed. and by bed I clearly mean couch. a couch I will not defold into a futon, but merely crunk myself up on it lengthwise and just pretend that it's not a couch backing, but a large bloated person with an extremely long back lying beside me. oh the delusions of my laziness. will wonders ever cease?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home