AVENTURES AU JAPON

Surrealism Abroad and the Art of Wormhole Maintenance

Friday, May 27, 2005

Colton, the key is stubbornness! Never ever give up and your tantrums will be a success! Many people tell me my stubborness is a curse, but I believe it's a gift. I'm strong-willed and determined. I just happened to be determined to get my own way, that's all.

Today I got another promotion at work, so that lifted my spirits in the midst of my PMS-saturated shambles. So, on June 14th I'll officially be Head of Teacher Development. Doesn't that sound fancy shmancy. I'm pretty happy, I mean, ok, I'm really happy because new positions mean new venues for growth and I'm really looking forward to the times ahead.

ya, i'm still in turmoil for how long i'll stay. i've been bouncing back and forth. and i guess i don't really have to totally decide right now... i'm putting that debate on the shelf for now, it's just a circle in my mind anyway.

Today, for like, the second time since i lived here, I sent money home. but this time it was a substantial sum, as I've been saving since January. and gad damn the yen/cdn dollar exchange rate is sooooooo sweet for me to send money home! so, i'm also beaming at present because I just paid off two credit cards, and i'm officially owing nuttin to no one. except Scott for all that furniture I bought from him...

Just when I thought I was starting to like math, and would do math problems in my mind during this week's morning commute... I completely miscalculated in a bad way when I was figuring out money this month. so while i just sent money home, I'm back to being poor in Japan. But i'm not too worried cuz really, it'll help me to become an anti-consumer, AND it leaves me no choice but to finally do a cleanse. i've been wanting to do once since the spring, and finally i have time to get one in before summer. and it's a valid excuse for my friends when i tell them i don't want to drink. i seriously am in no mood to drink these days. just the thought and i feel sick...

Like ET, I'm calling home....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 a.m., Blogger Ms Elle said…

    Danielle, Congratulations! You are one bicycle-driven woman. I meant, driven woman. Hahahah. (I like my corny joke :p)

    Is that a new position, though? Or just another name for Head Trainer?

    Woo hooo, either way, it sounds good. You go Girl!

    P.S. Any el gossip-o on Iwaki Amity? heheheh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home