My Little Pony, Prancing Pony
Yesterday I was all set on my way to head back from Okayama to Tokyo when walking down the street I saw a pony. Just chillin, on the street.
A friggin pony!!
It was one of those feelings, frequently felt in this land of wonder and mystery, of "does not compute! does not compute!"
Why, dear reader, would there be a pony on the middle of the sidewalk in Okayama???
Where did such a creature come from?
Was he lost?
Did he wander down from the surrounding mountains?
Do ponies even live in mountains? I thought they lived with carnies. Is there a mystical forest full of carnies, ponies, and boiled cabbage patches beyond the hill of Okayama?
Perhaps the strangest part of the morning was not that I saw a pony but that I was definitely the only one to do a double take. This fact can only lead me to believe that pony sightings are an every day occurence in Okayama, and that I should stuff carrots in my pockets for any future encounters.
Maybe Okayama will turn out to be just as strange and wonderful as Tokyo has been...
A friggin pony!!
It was one of those feelings, frequently felt in this land of wonder and mystery, of "does not compute! does not compute!"
Why, dear reader, would there be a pony on the middle of the sidewalk in Okayama???
Where did such a creature come from?
Was he lost?
Did he wander down from the surrounding mountains?
Do ponies even live in mountains? I thought they lived with carnies. Is there a mystical forest full of carnies, ponies, and boiled cabbage patches beyond the hill of Okayama?
Perhaps the strangest part of the morning was not that I saw a pony but that I was definitely the only one to do a double take. This fact can only lead me to believe that pony sightings are an every day occurence in Okayama, and that I should stuff carrots in my pockets for any future encounters.
Maybe Okayama will turn out to be just as strange and wonderful as Tokyo has been...
































1 Comments:
At 4:55 p.m.,
Xico Rocha said…
nice story.
Xico Rocha
Post a Comment
<< Home