I think the main reasons I was so depressed and cranky as a teenager was that I had a raging wheat allergy, and that I never got enough sleep. I have been knackered this whole week from work, and today we held interviews all day, so I get a one-day weekend. The interviews were alright, it's always interesting to see the different personalities of all the candidates. I had a really long and productive talk with my co-worker, he's kinda the head guy in Okayama, about the future of the company so it was nice to get more direction about where we're headed. Oh, no work talk! I'll stop. Let me just say though, that I will most likely move out of Tokyo this year, which turns about to be a huge plus for my mental and physical health. Yay for good things!
NY Resolutions After Week 2
My NY resolutions continue strong into week two. However, any cart/wagon/or vehicle of health I have been in nearly took a wheel off in the pothole of life today. We ate out at lunch, and stayed late after work talking so a bag of popcorn was dinner, and then I came home and made a plate of rice krispies squares. can you say BaChElOr??? No wonder those men stay single. I am feeling the rough equivalent of shit from not eating a proper supper, but, there are good days and there are bad days. at least I'm trying out my options instead of sticking to the same thing all the time in the fear of what will happen if i deviate. For example, I tried sleeping in and going for a walk after work once this week, and it turned out to be really crappy cuz I was tired at work, but jacked full of energy at night. I've given myself more motivation for getting up early now.
I've decided to add three new components to my third week- using weights (and I use that term very loosely) to shape my arms, meditating in the morning, and taking a short walk at night to reduce my after-work fatigue. I think now that I've committed to writing about my resolutions on here it gives me an added incentive to succeed. That's the inner Scorpio competitive side for ya!
Plan B
It's official! I have a Plan B in my life for the next two years. The plan As always seems to fall through, so I don't even make them anymore (and yes, I am aware of my swiss-cheese reasoning, and I am content lying to myself about it. but thanks for noticing, oh critical thinker.). Of course, my plan hinges around being accepted to the PeaceBoat so I will have to have another plan if this one should fail. But for now, here's what I'm thinking:
2006
Jan - September: Japan
(August: back to Thunder Bay for a visit, two weeks)
October - November: travel southeast Asia (Laos, Thaibo, Cambodia, Vietnam, Cameroon Highlands in Malaysia)
December: around the world with the Peaceboat
2007
January - March: continue Peaceboat
April & May: back to Thunder Bay for a visit
June - September: aupair in France, get better at French
October - Xmas: travel Europe
Xmas: Thunder Bay
And then after that... hopefully move out west with my sister and Colton and live a peaceful existence in Victoria, work as a nutritional counsellor, or writing for magazines, or working in a clinic, or working abroad in rural communities providing nutritional support... who knows! I have a near complete absence of career focus right now. I am but a small sliver in the waning moon of my career focus, if you will. But I have learned some of the things I don't want to do, and that's a small step in the right direction. I know I would rather be in the field, working with people in the flesh, than being some behind-the-scenes policy maker. I just need to find a way to bridge the gap between my two passions: sustainable development and nutrition.
Paul Anka Murders the Songs of Our Youth
Radio De La Mer gets funnier by the day. At first I was like, "hey, this is perfect chill music. I like a radio station dedicated to music that makes you think of the sea. Because seas are soothing." But now I realize they play choir-boy covers of all the hits e.g."Creep" by Radiohead. Nothing says "new age" like than a band of choir geeks singing "I wish I was special, so fucking special..." At least I haven't heard Paul Anka's covers of Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit," the Cure's "Love Cats" or Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun," or Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger." Let's hope that little Canadian gem doesn't hit the Parisian airwaves anytime soon either.
How can people with soul swear like this? If only I could record this song and play it on my blog...
NY Resolutions After Week 2
My NY resolutions continue strong into week two. However, any cart/wagon/or vehicle of health I have been in nearly took a wheel off in the pothole of life today. We ate out at lunch, and stayed late after work talking so a bag of popcorn was dinner, and then I came home and made a plate of rice krispies squares. can you say BaChElOr??? No wonder those men stay single. I am feeling the rough equivalent of shit from not eating a proper supper, but, there are good days and there are bad days. at least I'm trying out my options instead of sticking to the same thing all the time in the fear of what will happen if i deviate. For example, I tried sleeping in and going for a walk after work once this week, and it turned out to be really crappy cuz I was tired at work, but jacked full of energy at night. I've given myself more motivation for getting up early now.
I've decided to add three new components to my third week- using weights (and I use that term very loosely) to shape my arms, meditating in the morning, and taking a short walk at night to reduce my after-work fatigue. I think now that I've committed to writing about my resolutions on here it gives me an added incentive to succeed. That's the inner Scorpio competitive side for ya!
Plan B
It's official! I have a Plan B in my life for the next two years. The plan As always seems to fall through, so I don't even make them anymore (and yes, I am aware of my swiss-cheese reasoning, and I am content lying to myself about it. but thanks for noticing, oh critical thinker.). Of course, my plan hinges around being accepted to the PeaceBoat so I will have to have another plan if this one should fail. But for now, here's what I'm thinking:
2006
Jan - September: Japan
(August: back to Thunder Bay for a visit, two weeks)
October - November: travel southeast Asia (Laos, Thaibo, Cambodia, Vietnam, Cameroon Highlands in Malaysia)
December: around the world with the Peaceboat
2007
January - March: continue Peaceboat
April & May: back to Thunder Bay for a visit
June - September: aupair in France, get better at French
October - Xmas: travel Europe
Xmas: Thunder Bay
And then after that... hopefully move out west with my sister and Colton and live a peaceful existence in Victoria, work as a nutritional counsellor, or writing for magazines, or working in a clinic, or working abroad in rural communities providing nutritional support... who knows! I have a near complete absence of career focus right now. I am but a small sliver in the waning moon of my career focus, if you will. But I have learned some of the things I don't want to do, and that's a small step in the right direction. I know I would rather be in the field, working with people in the flesh, than being some behind-the-scenes policy maker. I just need to find a way to bridge the gap between my two passions: sustainable development and nutrition.
Paul Anka Murders the Songs of Our Youth
Radio De La Mer gets funnier by the day. At first I was like, "hey, this is perfect chill music. I like a radio station dedicated to music that makes you think of the sea. Because seas are soothing." But now I realize they play choir-boy covers of all the hits e.g."Creep" by Radiohead. Nothing says "new age" like than a band of choir geeks singing "I wish I was special, so fucking special..." At least I haven't heard Paul Anka's covers of Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit," the Cure's "Love Cats" or Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun," or Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger." Let's hope that little Canadian gem doesn't hit the Parisian airwaves anytime soon either.
How can people with soul swear like this? If only I could record this song and play it on my blog...
































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home