Weekend Revelations and Reviews
Weekend Revelations and Reviews
- I really am funny! Not that I doubted this, I am the funniest person to myself, but I realized that I'm pretty funny to other people too. What a bonus.
- Modern life in a developed country is unnecessarily complicated. I drew massive inspiration from my friend's husbands photography exhibit of the Eskimo and Aleut. More reason to minimize.
- I haven't bought myself anything since I came back to Japan after winter vacation, except for food including a jar of pickles I have yet to open (oh yes, the saga continues...) and bi-weekly injections from a sadistic doctor, neither of which are extremely fun expenditures. This clearly justifies dropping yen on a new killer yoga outfit. I'll have to take a picture, as it's hard for you to envision my level of cuteness if I simply say it's chocolate brown with turquoise accents.
- My need for a new turquoise polo shirt, after accidently mangling the color of my previous one was met... at Isetan (ie. hella $$$ dept store) with a steal of a deal turquoise Le Tigre polo. reg. 7200yen, on sale for 2100yen. This kind shit never happens. A need is met, a dream (of a Le Tigre polo) is realized, and it's all cheaper than expected. Am I still in Japan?
- The book I wanted to read so badly in the comfort of my own home rather than killing my knees squatting in the bookstore is now mine! It's a guide on reflexology. Reflexology is so fun to learn about! I went to the hundred yen store and picked up some really neat massage props. They would prolly cost way more than a dollar back home, so go Japan go, keep on making me happy.
- I classify none of the above as impulse buys. Except maybe for the yoga outfit, and that's mainly because I don't want to do laundry (oh the gods of minimizing are up in arms!). However, I did notice a familiar high of carrying around so many bags. But I'm not too concerned because I somehow saved over half my paycheque by being a stay-at-home nerd this month.
- People don't listen when I talk, and this hurts me when I'm talking about something really important to me and they just bowl right over it talking about things that, if they stopped to consider, are important to neither party, and just filler in what would be silence, owing to their inability to ask questions about what I'm talking about. I feel like I'm a martian. How can people mistake communication with talking "at" someone? Or for just listening for a break so they can shove some inane comment in to steer the conversation to themselves? Honestly, who just rams a new topic into the conversation during someone else's pause-for-intake-of-air-before-saying-next-sentence?? People who don't listen, that's who! People who are too caught up in their own lives to have any awareness of what's going on at present! D. D minus. That's what I'm giving this particular person for not listening to what's important to me. They will remain a D-minus person in my books until I have brooded long enough, workshopped my negativity, and let go of the fact not everyone can be interested in everything, or interesting enough to develop a crafty technique to shield their self-absorption from plain view. Whew, good thing I have a blog to express my frustration about this on!
- It's rainy and cold in Tokyo. I wish spring would come, already! Didn't I wish for this earlier? Well, I'm double wishing.
- I've rediscovered my love of carrots. I am tempted to see how many I need to eat before I turn orange. I remember Michelle trying this with oranges in Iwaki...
- I really am funny! Not that I doubted this, I am the funniest person to myself, but I realized that I'm pretty funny to other people too. What a bonus.
- Modern life in a developed country is unnecessarily complicated. I drew massive inspiration from my friend's husbands photography exhibit of the Eskimo and Aleut. More reason to minimize.
- I haven't bought myself anything since I came back to Japan after winter vacation, except for food including a jar of pickles I have yet to open (oh yes, the saga continues...) and bi-weekly injections from a sadistic doctor, neither of which are extremely fun expenditures. This clearly justifies dropping yen on a new killer yoga outfit. I'll have to take a picture, as it's hard for you to envision my level of cuteness if I simply say it's chocolate brown with turquoise accents.
- My need for a new turquoise polo shirt, after accidently mangling the color of my previous one was met... at Isetan (ie. hella $$$ dept store) with a steal of a deal turquoise Le Tigre polo. reg. 7200yen, on sale for 2100yen. This kind shit never happens. A need is met, a dream (of a Le Tigre polo) is realized, and it's all cheaper than expected. Am I still in Japan?
- The book I wanted to read so badly in the comfort of my own home rather than killing my knees squatting in the bookstore is now mine! It's a guide on reflexology. Reflexology is so fun to learn about! I went to the hundred yen store and picked up some really neat massage props. They would prolly cost way more than a dollar back home, so go Japan go, keep on making me happy.
- I classify none of the above as impulse buys. Except maybe for the yoga outfit, and that's mainly because I don't want to do laundry (oh the gods of minimizing are up in arms!). However, I did notice a familiar high of carrying around so many bags. But I'm not too concerned because I somehow saved over half my paycheque by being a stay-at-home nerd this month.
- People don't listen when I talk, and this hurts me when I'm talking about something really important to me and they just bowl right over it talking about things that, if they stopped to consider, are important to neither party, and just filler in what would be silence, owing to their inability to ask questions about what I'm talking about. I feel like I'm a martian. How can people mistake communication with talking "at" someone? Or for just listening for a break so they can shove some inane comment in to steer the conversation to themselves? Honestly, who just rams a new topic into the conversation during someone else's pause-for-intake-of-air-before-saying-next-sentence?? People who don't listen, that's who! People who are too caught up in their own lives to have any awareness of what's going on at present! D. D minus. That's what I'm giving this particular person for not listening to what's important to me. They will remain a D-minus person in my books until I have brooded long enough, workshopped my negativity, and let go of the fact not everyone can be interested in everything, or interesting enough to develop a crafty technique to shield their self-absorption from plain view. Whew, good thing I have a blog to express my frustration about this on!
- It's rainy and cold in Tokyo. I wish spring would come, already! Didn't I wish for this earlier? Well, I'm double wishing.
- I've rediscovered my love of carrots. I am tempted to see how many I need to eat before I turn orange. I remember Michelle trying this with oranges in Iwaki...
































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home